To start using the Mockingbird you must have a working version of WordPress (with an activated theme) already installed. To install the Mockingbird plugin:
- Upload the Mockingbird files to the plugin directory(/wp-content/plugins) on your server via FTP or use the WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin by clicking “Activate”.
- Go to the Mockingbird setting page to configure the plugin. To display a related list at the bottom of each post, make sure the “Automatically display list at the bottom of each post” checkbox is checked.
- Start using Mockingbird by editing posts, pages or custom post types and linking up to other content.
- To display the list on the website either render the list automatically at the bottom of each post (see point 2), or use a shortcode to embed it directly into a saved post. For further theme development options see the Mockingbird documentation.
For more information on installing and managing WordPress plugins see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins.