Mockingbird is built with developers in mind and provides a number of ways to integrate the plugin into a WordPress theme or project.
- The Shortcode – The Mockingbird shortcode lets you add related lists into the post content without having to edit any theme or template files.
- mockingbird() – This function will output a list of related posts, with the ability to pass a configuration array.
- get_mockingbird() – This function will return related lists as data, giving developers plenty of scope for further custom development.
- get_mockingbird_config() – This function returns the Mockingbird config object (global and inline).
- Mockingbird Admin Class – Multiple Mockingbird instances can be created manually using the Mockingbird_admin() class. This allows for more than one instance to be installed (with different configuration options).